Wednesday 9 May 2018

Stampin' Up! Share What You Love Little Treat Box/Bag







This little box was inspired by a project I made from approximately 3 years ago when I started crafting using SU products, which was published by Pootles Papercraft.  I have changed the measurements slightly as I am using the new DSP instead of cardstock which will make two of these little boxes/bags which are ideal for putting a little gift inside etc.. chocolates, lip balms etc.. I can easily get in three Lindt chocolates in my ones today.


I have taken some photo's of my prototype with the measurements which you can see below.

Using 12 x 12 DSP, you will need to cut to the DSP in half = 6"  and then turn and cut 10 1/2".  You can get two little boxes out of one sheet.

If you are using a DSP where the pattern is facing a certain way, be aware of where the top of your box will be and face your pattern accordingly.



Score at 2 1/2", 5", 7 1/2" and 10"
Turn around to the short side and score 1 1/2" and 4 1/2"

Turn back around and score down only just to the first score line at 1 1/4" and then 6 1/4"... these will mark where to score where the creases will be.  From those score points score diagonally down to the corners of that section to make a triangle,... the point of the triangle must point to where the top of the box will be (this is important if you have a patterned DSP)

Then cut away as shown.

Fold and burnish the score lines (not the scored triangles) and use glue to attach the two sides together where the thinnest section is

Fold and glue the bottom of the box and fold back the two top flaps to show the opposite side of the paper and gentle push the tops together which will allow the sides to naturally crease where the score lines are.  Punch holes on each side and feed through a ribbon to tie.

I hope you can follow these instruction, otherwise hop over and subscribe to my YouTube channel and you will see one being made very soon, be sure to press the notification button so it will alert you.

If you LOVE this DSP as I do, it will be available to order June 1st 2018 from the new 2018-2019 catalogue, so if you live in Australia and you would like to go onto the waiting list for this product or you like a copy of the new annual catalogue, please send me a PM.

Happy crafting!!






No comments:

Post a Comment